Home  /  Businesses  /  Compliance Information

Compliance Information

OMMA Business Complaints

If you wish to file a complaint against a medical marijuana business, please complete the OMMA Business Complaint Form below. Please make sure to provide as much detail as possible. Complaints will be investigated in the order in which they are received, unless the complaint presents a threat to public health and safety.

Food Licensing: Information for Dispensaries and Processors

Dispensaries and processors licensed by the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) are required to obtain a food license if they produce or sell any edible medical marijuana products. This license is not obtained through OMMA. For information on how to obtain your food license, please review the Food Licensing Fact Sheet or visit: food.health.ok.gov.

Food Safety Standards Board

Governor Fallin signed the Food Safety Standards Board rules on December 20, 2018. These added rules within 310:681-5-8.1. Food Safety Standards for Processors, which are available at the link below. To view the full emergency rules, please visit the “Rules and Regulations” page. For more information about the new requirements, please visit the “Food Safety Standards Board” page.

310:681-5-8.1. Food Safety Standards for Processors

Contains THC Not safe for kids or petsDownload Universal Symbol

Monthly Reporting

The updated monthly reporting template for all OMMA licensed growers, processors, and dispensaries is now available at the link below. Please check back to this site regularly for updates.

Here is what you can expect to see after the update:

  • Your OMMA ID must now be entered with capital letters and hyphens. Your Application ID must also be entered. Both numbers can be found in your Complia profile (see image below).monthly reporting screen shot
  • BOTH IDs must be entered correctly to access your Monthly Report.
  • Tax ID numbers and Food License numbers (if applicable) are now requested.
  • All data fields are now defaulted to 0. If there are any values to be reported, you are responsible for reporting that information.
  • When reporting WEIGHT information, data must be a number with or without a decimal point.
  • When reporting COUNT information, data must be entered using whole numbers.

Before completing the monthly report, please take note of the following items:

  • Monthly reports are due by the fifteenth of each month for reporting of the previous month.(For instance, October’s monthly report is due by November 15.)
  • Commercial licensees are required to begin providing OMMA monthly reports for the first month they were licensed and every month thereafter, even if no medical marijuana or medical marijuana products are on site.
  • Please pay close attention to whether you are to report by weight, count, or both. Edible products must be reported in both weight and count. The requested information is noted in the reporting template.
  • Please ensure you are entering your reporting month, reporting year, and business type correctly. If these items are entered incorrectly, your monthly report submission will not be recognized by our system, and it will identify your report as not submitted.
  • If you have multiple licenses, please complete a separate report for each license.

Monthly reporting templates are subject to change, so please check back to the OMMA website regularly. As stated in OAC 310:681-5-6.1(a), failure to submit a monthly report and correct this deficiency within 30 days of written notice from OMMA will result in license revocation. Please reference OAC 310:681-5-6(a) in the emergency rules for more information. All questions regarding monthly reporting should be directed to OMMACompliance@ok.gov.

Department of Agriculture Licensing

Commercial licensees may be required to obtain a nursery grower and/or dealer license from the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture. Please visit the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture website or call 405-522-5971 for more information regarding the requirements and process for submitting applications.

Sales Tax Permits

Sales tax permits must be obtained after OMMA issues a commercial entity license. Please note that dispensaries will be required to report two sources of tax to the Oklahoma Tax Commission:  sales tax and the 7% gross receipts tax. For more information, visit the Oklahoma Tax Commission website or call (405) 521-3160.

Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Control (OBNDD) Registration

Grower, Processor, and Dispensary applicants must register with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Control (OBNDD) after receiving a license from OMMA. See 63 O.S. §§ 2-101 & 2-302. This is required by law before any medical marijuana or medical marijuana products are present at the business. See OAC 475:10-1-9(a).

  • Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration is not required for OBNDD registration.
  • Growers and Processors should register with OBNDD under the “Manufacturer” category.*
  • Dispensaries should register with OBNDD under the “Distributor” category.*
  • Individual growers are not required to register. Registration is required by the name of a business, not by the name of the owner.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: Businesses with multiple licenses at multiple sites and/or multiple license types should contact OBNDD to determine the correct registration process. Depending on the specific situation of the business, the necessary registration type may differ from what is noted above.

For more information, contact the OBNDD registration department at (405) 521-2885 or visit the OBNDD Registration Website.