Home  /  Businesses  /  Waste Disposal Application Information

Waste Disposal Application Information

Important Notes for Waste Disposal Facility Applicants

  • By law, OMMA is only authorized to grant up to ten (10) waste disposal facility licenses in the first year of the licensing program, regardless of the number of applications received.
  • A submitted application does NOT guarantee a license will be granted, even if the applicant meets the minimum requirements.
  • To be eligible for a waste disposal facility license, applicants MUST have a current permit from the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality. Applicants must also meet all the minimum requirements listed below to be considered.
  • Applicants must meet all requirements of an on-site inspection to be considered for a license.
  • Application fees are non-refundable.

What is a medical marijuana waste disposal facility license?

A medical marijuana waste disposal facility license authorizes the licensee to dispose of medical marijuana. The waste disposal facility licenses also authorizes licensees to transport medical marijuana waste.

OMMA is authorized to grant up to ten (10) waste disposal facility licenses in the first year of licensing program. Once licenses are granted, licensed entities may apply for waste disposal facility permits for additional locations.

How do I apply?

Applications and payment will be collected at omma.ok.gov. A valid email address is required. This email address will be used to send notices once an account is created.

Applicants should select “New Business License” and then select "Waste Disposal Facility" for license type.

How much does the application cost?

The application fee for a waste disposal license is $5,000. Application fees will be paid by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit card. An additional credit card processing fee will be added to the transaction. The application and processing fees are non-refundable.

What are the basic requirements to be eligible to apply?

  • Applicants must have, and provide in the OMMA application, a permit from the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
  • Applicants must show proof of sufficient liability insurance. This can be shown by providing the declarations page with the following minimum amounts:
    • Commercial General Liability: $5,000,000 each occurrence.
    • Pollution Legal Liability: $5,000,000 each occurrence.

Applicants must meet similar requirements for medical marijuana businesses:

  • Applicants must be 25 or older.
  • Individual applicants must be Oklahoma residents.
  • Members, managers, and board members of entity applicants must all be Oklahoma residents.
  • Entities must show that at least 75% ownership is held by an Oklahoma resident.
  • All owners and officers must provide a background check; existence of a nonviolent felony conviction in the last two years and/or any other felony conviction in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.
  • Unless the business entity is a Sole Proprietorship or General Partnership, the applying entity must submit a copy of the Oklahoma Secretary of State’s certificate of good standing document. For more information, visit the Oklahoma Secretary of State at www.sos.ok.gov.
  • Applicants must provide proof that they are not within 1,000 feet of any entrance to any public or private school. See Proof of Distance From a School guidance document. 

Proof of identity can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the following unexpired, valid documents:

  • Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
  • Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
  • U.S. passport or other photo identification issued by the U.S government
  • Tribal identification card approved for identification purposes by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety:  
    • United States Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card or a Oklahoma tribal photo identification cards: Muscogee (Creek) Nation of Oklahoma, Kiowa, Comanche, Apache of Oklahoma, Absentee Shawnee, Cheyenne-Arapaho, Choctaw, Delaware, Caddo Nation of Oklahoma issued on or after January 8, 2008.

Oklahoma residency can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the documents below:

  • Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
  • Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
  • Oklahoma voter identification card
  • Utility bills, excluding cellular telephone and internet bills
  • A residential property deed to property in the State of Oklahoma
  • A current rental agreement for residential property located in the State of Oklahoma
  • Other documentation deemed sufficient by OMMA

Each owner will need to supply an Affidavit of Lawful Presence Form and supporting documentation if he or she is not a U.S. citizen.